Garlic Ginger Walleye in Papillote
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium tamari
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 bunch (approx 8 ounces) broccolini florets with trimmed stems
- 4 (5 ounce) walleye fillets
- 4 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 1/3 cup Thai basil chiffonade, cut into ribbons
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper, optional
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, tamari, minced ginger and minced garlic.
- Cut 4 large sheets of parchment paper (approx. 12 x 15 inches each). Spread ½ cup of quinoa on the bottom third of each of the papers. Leave 2 inches on the edges for sealing.
- Add broccolini to each paper.
- Add a fish fillet, scallions, Thai basil and the olive oil/tamari mixture.
- Tightly fold the packet closed so no steam will escape in cooking.
- Bake parchment packages in the oven on a baking sheet for 15 minutes or until fish is cooked through and broccolini are crisp-tender.
- Transfer the packets to serving plates and cut the packets open. Top with pepper if desired and serve immediately.
- Calories: 370 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 120mg Sodium: 450mg Carbohydrate: 26g Fiber: 5g Sugars: 2g Protein: 35g
Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.