Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies
These incredibly dark, rich brownies are a must-have for
any dessert tray.
1 cup butter, cut into chunks
1⅓ cups dark chocolate chips
2 ounces unsweetened dark chocolate, cut into chunks
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
1 tablespoon vanilla
¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon unsweetened dark chocolate baking cocoa
¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350F. Grease and flour bottom of 9-inch square baking pan; set aside.
- Heat saucepan of water over medium-low heat until hot but not boiling. Combine butter, dark chocolate chips
and unsweetened dark chocolate in bowl; place over saucepan of hot water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted. Remove bowl from saucepan; set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine sugar, eggs, instant espresso powder and vanilla in bowl; mix well. Stir in cooled chocolate mixture until combined.
- Add flour, baking cocoa and salt; stir until just combined. (Do not over mix.)
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean and brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
Recipe source: Land O Lakes