A rustic, buttery crust and tons of fresh fruit make this dessert a perfectly simple, perfectly sweet addition to any meal.
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar, divided
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 3-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 6 strawberries, halved
- 40 to 45 raspberries
- 12 to 14 blackberries
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- In large bowl, combine flour and ¼ cup sugar; cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in oil with a fork until all ingredients are moistened. Stir in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough leaves side of bowl and forms a ball.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Shape dough into a ball directly on baking sheet. With lightly floured rolling pin, roll pastry into 11-inch circle.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet 10 minutes; carefully
remove to wire rack to cool.
- Beat cream cheese, remaining ¼ cup sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Slide crust onto serving platter and spread with the cream cheese mixture. Arrange fruit attractively over crust, starting at outside edge.