Fresh Tomato and Mozzarella Tart
- 1/2 15 ounce package Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts, (1 crust)
- 3 Bushel Boy® Vine-on Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt, divided
- 1/4 cup Byerly's Oregano and Garlic Bread Dipper, divided
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano, divided
- 1 (8ounce) package Mozzarella Fresca Fresh Mozzarella, sliced into 12 slices and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Fresh tomatoes and mozzarella baked together for a flavorful side dish or light entrée.
- Prepare pie crust according to package directions. Press into 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Trim edges. Prick bottom and sides of crust with tines of fork. Bake in preheated 400 F oven until light golden brown (10-12 minutes). Cool slightly.
- Core tomatoes; slice into 12 (1/4-inch) slices, reserving end slices from each tomato. Arrange 1/4-inch slices on paper toweling; sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Let stand for 10 minutes. Pat dry slices. Coarsely chop end slices of tomatoes; drain.
- In small bowl, combine chopped tomatoes with remaining 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, 1 teaspoon bread dipper and 1/2 teaspoon oregano; spoon over bottom of crust.
- Arrange tomato slices alternately with mozzarella slices, overlapping slightly. Brush 2 tablespoons bread dipper over tomato and cheese slices; sprinkle with pepper. Bake until cheese is melted and lightly browned (25-30 minutes).
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 1/2 teaspoons oregano. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Brush with remaining 1 tablespoon bread dipper. Serve warm or at room temperature. Cover for transporting.
- Serve with slices of Roasted Red Pepper Stuffed Steak, Boar’s Head® Italian Roast Beef, Boar’s Head® Oven Roasted Turkey Breast or Asparagus with Raspberry Vinaigrette from the deli
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.