Fresh Blueberry Warm Compote and Brie Cheese Crostini
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, minced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 16 slices of baguette, toasted
- 6-8 ounces brie, sliced
- optional garnish: chopped candied almonds
- Sauté onion in olive oil in a medium sauté pan until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add mint, blueberries, sugar, vinegar and juice. Cook until juice reduces and sugar dissolves, 10 to 15 minutes. Let mixture cool to warm or room temperature.
- To assemble: Arrange baguette slices on platter. Top with a slice of brie. Spoon on blueberry compote. Serve at room temperature.
- Recipe source: Chilean Fresh Fruit Association http://www.fruitsfromchile.com/blueberryrecipes/
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.