French Chocolate Cake
- parchment paper
- aluminum foil
- 14 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups Butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 milliliter cup Chambord liqueur, (50bottle)
- 5 Eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- whipped cream
- Fresh Raspberries
- - grated bittersweet chocolate
- Grease side and bottom of 9x2 inch springform pan. Line bottom of pan with a parchment paper circle, grease top of circle. Wrap bottom and side of pan with foil. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate, butter and sugar, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat; allow to cool slightly. Stir in Chambord. In large bowl, using a fork, lightly beat eggs and yolks for 1 minute. Stir in chocolate mixture until well blended. Pour into prepared pan. Place springform pan in large roasting pan, add enough water to come 1/4 inch up side of springform pan. Bake in a preheated 350 F oven until edge is set but the center is still soft (about 30 minutes). Remove springform pan from roasting pan, remove foil. Cool cake completely on wire rack. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- To Serve: Remove side from springform pan. Flip cake onto a plate and remove parchment paper, then flip back onto a serving platter. Garnish with whipped cream, fresh raspberries and grated chocolate.
This cake is best served at room temperature. Remove cake from refrigerator 1 hour before serving. Cake may be made up to 3 days before serving.