FoodE Recipe Contest Winner: Pizza Pasta Frittata
This delicious dinner winner combines three comfort foods in one!
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Salt for pasta water
1 cup milk
½ teaspoon black pepper
¾ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon L&B Oregano
½ teaspoon L&B Pizza Seasoning
¼ cup L&B Fresh Grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
¼ of the box L&B Organic Durum Wheat Spaghetti
2 tablespoons Lucini Premium Select Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ jar Lucini Roasted Garlic Marinara Sauce or Lucini Spicy Tuscan Tomato Sauce
12-15 slices pepperoni
8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 5 or 6 slices
Fresh basil for garnish
For side salad:
5-6 ounces Spring Mix
2 tablespoons Lucini Fig & Walnut Savory Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Once pot of water comes to a boil, salt the water. Break the spaghetti into 1-inch pieces and cook for 7 minutes. Drain and rinse the pasta in cool water; set aside.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl; whisk in milk, pepper, salt, oregano, pizza seasoning and Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Heat a 12-inch cast iron skillet on medium heat. Once it is hot, pour the olive oil into the pan and swirl to coat. With a paper towel, smear the olive oil up the sides of the cast iron pan.
- Pour in the egg mixture and immediately spread the pasta into the egg mixture. Cook until egg mixture begins to set, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer skillet into oven and bake uncovered for 7 minutes.
- Take the skillet out and pour half of a jar of Lucini Garlic Marinara Sauce and spread with the back of a spoon. Top with pepperoni and slices of fresh mozzarella. Put back into the oven and bake for 5 more minutes until cheese is bubbly. Garnish with fresh basil and slice into 6 pieces.
- For the side salad, rinse greens and pat dry. Gently toss with vinaigrette and serve with frittata.