Foil-Pack Halibut & Veggies
Pick up some fresh halibut in our seafood department and make this easy seafood dinner tonight. Great on the grill, too!
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups sliced carrots (sliced ⅛ inch thick)
- 1 small leek, cut into 1 ½-inch julienne strips (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- ¼ cup marinated sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 450 F.
- Cut four (12×16-inch) pieces of foil. Arrange ¼ of carrots, leeks, corn kernels, tomatoes and basil in center of each piece of foil; top with fish. Sprinkle fish with lemon juice, gingerroot, salt and pepper.
- Fold foil edges together to form packet; place on baking sheet. Bake until fish just flakes with fork and vegetables are crisp-tender (17-20 minutes).
To grill: Using direct heat cooking method, arrange packets on grill rack 4-5 inches over medium-high heat. Grill, covered, until fish just flakes with fork and vegetables are crisp-tender (17-20 minutes).