Fish Fillets Baked on Rock Salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced herbs, (tarragon, basil or thyme)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 pound fish fillets with skin
- olive oil
- freshly ground white pepper
- rock salt
- Combine first 7 ingredients for Herb Vinaigrette. Cut fish into serving-size pieces. Brush olive oil on flesh of fish; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover a large jelly-roll pan with 1/2-inch deep rock salt. Arrange fish, skin side down on rock salt. Bake in a preheated 400 F oven until fish just flakes with a fork (about 10 minutes per inch measured at its thickest part). Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil, let stand 3-5 minutes.
- To Serve: Use a wide spatula to remove fillet from salt onto dinner plates. Serve with Herb Vinaigrette.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.