Fudge even Grandma will be proud of
Amy Fouks, bakery category manager, shares what makes our fudge so scrumptious:
Between parties, kids’ events, work and shopping, there’s only a short time left to make those traditional Christmas goodies you remember from the past. I can handle baking a few cookies and assembling the gingerbread house with the kids, but when it comes to finding a candy thermometer and determining what’s a soft-ball or a hard-crack or thread, that’s where my expertise (and patience) comes to an end.
I’m sorry Grandma – I can’t make fudge from scratch!
Instead, I know just the place to find fudge that’s been lovingly made in a variety of scrumptious flavors: Lunds and Byerly’s.
Our fudge is available to purchase in a single square (¼ lb.) at the bakery service counters or you’ll find it prepackaged by the pound in our cute “to-go” boxes. These are festive, fun and easy to take along as a hostess gift. Available in seven delicious flavors this holiday season:
- Chocolate: The traditional favorite – creamy, rich and smooth.
- Chocolate walnut: Traditional chocolate topped with tons of walnuts. You can’t take a bite without getting a nice crunch of walnut with the smooth chocolate.
- Praline: Vanilla fudge surrounds a thick layer of praline, topped with decorative waves of caramel. Sweet and delicious.
- Cookies & Cream: Sweet, creamy white chocolate fudge topped off and filled with loads of chocolate cookie crumbles.
- Salted Turtle: Made with a layer of praline fudge, covered with another layer of chocolate fudge and topped with sea salt. This sweet and salty combination can’t be beat!
- Mint: Chocolate fudge swirled with ribbons of cool mint.
Tradition upheld without the all that work – what a time saver!