- 2/3 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ground black pepper
- 8 ounce goat cheese
- 1 French baguette, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- sliced almonds
For a little extra convenience, let our bakery department slice your baguette for you.
- In small saucepan, combine figs and water. Bring to a boil; simmer over medium heat until liquid is absorbed (about 10 minutes). Stir in olives, brandy, thyme, oil and pepper. Refrigerate, covered.
- To Serve: Spread each baguette slice with about 1 teaspoon goat cheese; top with a scant teaspoon tapenade. Garnish with almond slices.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.