3 years ago
Fennel-Rubbed Pork Roast with Shiitakes & Chard
Savory roast pork surrounded by hearty roasted vegetables makes for a beautiful presentation!
Preparation time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
For the pork:
- 1 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys Dried Fennel Seed
- 1 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys Anise Seed
- 1 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys Dried Rosemary
- 1 (1-2 pound) all-natural boneless center cut pork loin roast
- 2 tablespoons Lunds & Byerlys honey
- ½ teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys Sea Salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys Red Pepper Flakes
For the chard:
- 5 cups rainbow chard, tightly packed, chopped
- 4 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Lunds & Byerlys Currants
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- With a mortar and pestle, or using the back flat edge of a large knife, lightly crush the fennel, anise and dried rosemary to release their aroma.
- Rub pork all over with honey and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper; distribute the crushed fennel, anise and rosemary along with the red pepper flakes all over the top and sides of the pork loin roast.
- In a 9×13-inch roasting pan toss chopped chard and shiitakes with extra virgin olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, currants and minced garlic. Place pork loin roast directly on top (pork will rest on some of the vegetables); roast 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn over the vegetables that are not covered by the pork. Roast another 20-25 minutes or until pork juices run clear and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat registers 145 F.
- Remove pork and vegetables from pan; let meat rest 15 minutes before slicing.