Farmhouse Mac & Cheese
This isn’t your average macaroni and cheese recipe! It’s made extra special with creamy Boursin Cheese Garlic & Fine Herbs and savory toppings … and it’s ready in 30 minutes.
- 1 pound bite-sized pasta of your choice
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 box Boursin Cheese Garlic & Herbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (14-ounce) package Lunds & Byerlys Smoked Bacon & Apple Chicken Sausages, cut into thin bias slices
- ½ cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 2 firm apples, cored and diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain the cooked pasta and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place heavy cream, all but 2 tablespoons of the Boursin Cheese, garlic powder and salt into a large pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring to evenly combine into a smooth sauce. Remove the pot from the heat. Add the drained pasta and stir gently to evenly combine.
- While the cheese sauce is coming together, place a large nonstick sauté pan on high heat. Add the canola oil. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the chicken sausage and spread into an even layer. Place the onions on top of the sausage, then place the apples on top of the onions. Sprinkle with the fresh thyme. Let cook without stirring for 1 minute, then stir to combine and cook an additional 3-5 minutes until the apples begin to soften and the onions become translucent and begin to brown around the edges.
- Divide the hot, cheesy pasta into 4 serving bowls. Spoon a quarter of the hot sausage/onion/apple mixture in the center of each pasta serving; then sprinkle each with fresh parsley and the remaining Boursin Cheese. Finish with a few cracks of freshly ground pepper.
Recipe adapted from Boursin