Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Pork
The combination of pork and apples is such a classic flavor!
Here we take a Lunds & Byerlys All-Natural Premium Pork Center Cut Boneless Pork Loin Roast, stuff it with apples, drizzle
it with honey and top with a sprinkling of cinnamon to create a mouthwatering main dish. The slow cooker prep makes it perfect for weeknights.
- 2-pound boneless pork loin roast
- 3 medium apples, sliced
- ¼ cup honey (optional)
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Season the pork to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat and brown the roast on all sides.
- Using a sharp knife, cut 3-inch deep slits into the pork.
- Insert the apple slices into each pork slit.
- Place half of the remaining apples in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Place the roast over the apples.
- Drizzle the honey on top of the roast, then add the onion and remaining apples.
- Add the chicken stock and sprinkle everything with cinnamon.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Recipe adapted from Paleo Leap