Fall Vegetable Soup
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 6 medium leeks, cut lengthwise, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 9 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 celery root, (celeriac), peeled, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pound turnips, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- crumbled crisp fried bacon, optional
Down to earth goodness.
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat butter over medium heat. Saute leeks and garlic until leeks are tender (about 10 minutes). Set aside. Add broth, celery root, turnips and parsnips to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.