Fall Curry Chicken Dinner
This recipe helps you get a flavor-packed curry on the table in under 30 minutes. The L&B Yellow Curry Sauce from our deli is rich, creamy and tangy. The veggies are tender yet firm, the chicken is juicy, and the whole meal feels nurturing. Don’t skip the garnishes. All those aromatics take this dish from good to great!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium shallot, roughly chopped
¾ teaspoon red pepper flakes
½ pound Yukon gold creamer potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup butternut squash, peeled, cored, and cut into ¾-inch pieces
1 22-ounce container L&B Yellow Curry Sauce
1 medium zucchini, sliced in ¼-inch half moons
½ teaspoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
Cooked white rice, for serving
Chopped green onions, for garnish
Chopped cashews, for garnish
Lime wedges, for garnish
Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Place the chicken thighs in a medium bowl, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large deep pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Add the shallot and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute, until the shallot starts to soften. Add the chicken, potatoes, squash and curry sauce to the skillet. Bring to a simmer, turn heat to low and cover. Cook, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan occasionally, for 12 minutes.
- Uncover, and add the zucchini, fish sauce and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Raise heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice and garnish with green onions, cashews, lime wedges and cilantro.