Fall Curry Chicken Dinner
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, roughly chopped
- ¾ teaspoons red pepper flakes
- ½ pound Yukon gold creamer potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled, cored, cored, and cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 1 22-ounce container L&B Yellow Curry Sauce
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced in ¼-inch half moons
- ½ teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
- Chopped cashews, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
Place the chicken thighs in a medium bowl, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
In a large deep pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering.
Add the shallot and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute, until the shallot starts to soften. Add the chicken, potatoes, squash and curry sauce to the skillet. Bring to a simmer, turn heat to low and cover. Cook, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan occasionally, for 12 minutes.
Uncover, and add the zucchini, fish sauce and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Raise heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 7 to 10 minutes.
Serve over rice and garnish with green onions, cashews, lime wedges and cilantro.