Emerald Chicken Salad
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery, including leaves
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup cooked green peas, drained
- 1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup lowfat plain yogurt
- 3 to 5 drops Tabasco
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans, toasted
- 8 lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, mix diced chicken, green onion, celery, parsley, and peas; chill.
- In a separate bowl, blend mayonnaise, yogurt, pepper and Tabasco sauce; chill.
- When ready to serve, combine dressing with chicken mixture and add pecans.
- Serve on lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
Recipe Adjustments for Emerald Chicken Salad:
Select diet; follow recipe using substitutions below.
Reduced Sodium: No change.
Reduced Cholesterol: Reduce portion size to 1/2 serving. 28 mg cholesterol per serving.
Reduced Calorie: Omit pecans and reduce portion size to 1/6 of recipe. 198 calories per serving.
Diabetic Exchange (for original recipe): 3 meat exchanges & 2 vegetable exchanges & 3 fat exchanges.