- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 8 ounce mushrooms, quartered
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large eggplant, sliced 1/2 inch thick, cubed
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in half, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 3/8 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup basil, chiffonade
Serve over rice, pasta or potatoes for a great meatless meal.
- In large saute pan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Stir in onion, celery and bell peppers. Saute vegetables until onions are translucent (about 5 minutes). Reduce heat to medium. Stir in mushrooms and tomatoes; cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Stir in eggplant, zucchini, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper. Simmer, covered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in basil.
- Tips: Cooked shrimp or chicken would be wonderful additions to this dish, or use this recipe as an omelet filling.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.