Egg in an Avocado with Bacon and Cotija Cheese
Creamy avocado, crispy bacon and perfectly runny eggs, baked and topped with crumbled Cotija cheese and a squeeze of lime juice. Delightful for breakfast or lunch.
Preparation time: 35 minutes
3 strips of bacon
1 large ripe avocado
2 medium eggs
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1 ounce Cotija cheese
Freshly chopped cilantro
1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat oven to 450 F.
- Cook bacon until crispy. Chop and set aside.
- Slice avocado in half the long way and gently remove the pit. Scoop out a bit of the avocado on each side, enough for the egg to fit.
- Place avocados on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- Crack one egg into each side. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or to desired doneness of egg yolk.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle cheese, bacon and a pinch of cilantro on top. Squeeze 1 lime wedge on each half to serve.