Easy Taco Salad
- 6 flour tortillas, room temperature, 10 inch
- no stick cooking spray
- Kosher Salt
- 1 pound Lean ground beef
- 1 can diced tomatoes, seasoned with mild green chilies, drained, 14 1/2 ounce
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bag Dole Just Lettuce, (9 cups), 11 ounce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded marble jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives, divided
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced (optional)
- - Salsa Dressing, recipe below
- Spray one side of each tortilla with no-stick cooking spray. Lightly sprinkle with salt. Place oiled side of tortilla over ovenproof 7x3-inch mixing bowl. Place 6 ounce custard upside-down in center or tortilla; gently press custard cup and tortilla into bowl. Bake in a preheated 375 F oven until edges are golden brown (12-15 minutes). Remove to wire rack. Remove custard cup. Invert shell; cool completely. Repeat with remaining tortillas. In large skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until no longer pink (5-7 minutes); drain. Stir in tomatoes, corn, salt and pepper; simmer 10 minutes.
- To Serve: Place 1 1/2 cups lettuce in each shell. Top each with 3/4 cup warm meat mixture; sprinkle with cheese, tomatoes, green onions and olives. Spoon Salsa Dressing over salad as desired. Garnish with 2-3 avocado slices.
1 cup Byerly's Ranch Dressing
1/2 cup chunky salsa
In small bowl, combine Ranch dressing and salsa; stir until blended.
Amount: 1 1/2 cups
Salad shells can be prepared using Chicago Metallic Tortilla/Taco Shell Pans. Follow package directions for tortilla shells.