3 years ago
Easy Butter-Roasted Salmon
A simple but delicious way to prepare salmon! Wonderful served with our popular Superfood Salad, available in our deli.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) butter
- 4 tablespoons minced chervil, parsley or dill
- 1 (1 ½ to 2 pounds) salmon fillet
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Heat oven to 475 F. Place butter and half the herb in a roasting pan just large enough to fit the salmon and place it in the oven. Heat about 5 minutes, until butter melts and herb begins to sizzle.
- Add salmon to the pan, skin side up. Roast 4 minutes. Remove from oven, then peel skin off. (If skin does not lift right off, cook 2 minutes longer.) Sprinkle with salt and pepper and turn the fillet over. Sprinkle with salt and pepper again.
- Roast 3-5 minutes more, depending on the thickness of the fillet and the degree of doneness you prefer. Cut into serving portions, spoon a little of the butter over each and garnish with the remaining herb. Serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe source: NY Times