Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
These decadent, extra-chocolaty cookies are full of wholesome, good-for-you ingredients!
Makes about 26 cookies
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Baking time: 7-9 minutes
1 cup organic quick rolled oats
¾ cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 L&B large organic egg
⅓ cup organic maple syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup Nutiva Coconut Oil, lightly heated just to melt
1 ¼ cups organic bittersweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Put quick rolled oats into a food processor or blender and process until they have the consistency of flour/meal.
- Combine the next four dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg in a smaller bowl. Add the maple syrup, vanilla extract and melted coconut oil.
- Mix wet ingredients into the dry ones. Add chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, drop a slightly rounded spoonful of dough onto a greased pan and press down a bit to form into a nice shape. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.