Dilled Lobster Salad Sandwich
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, cubed lobster meat
- 3/4 cup snow pea pods, blanched, sliced diagonally in thirds
- 1/2 cup peeled, diced cucumbers
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 8 Lunds/Byerly's White Mountain rolls
- 8 slices tomato, thinly sliced
- Bibb or red Boston lettuce leaves
Serve this sandwich at your next summer soiree.
- In large bowl, combine first four ingredients. In small bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise, dill, lemon juice, salt and Tabasco. Fold sour cream mixture into lobster mixture. Refrigerate, covered, several hours. To Serve: Slice each roll in half horizontally. Top bottom halves with one tomato slice, Bibb lettuce leaf and 1/8 lobster mixture. Cover with top halves of rolls.
- Variations: Any of the following may be substituted for lobster meat: 1 1/2 cups cooked, coarsely chopped shrimp, 1 1/2 cups shredded imitation lobster or 1 1/2 cup shredded imitation crab.
- Tips: A one pound lobster tail yields 1 1/2 cups cooked, cubed lobster meat.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.