Creamy Rice and Raisin Breakfast Pudding
Servings:*4 1 cup servings
- 4 cups Milk, divided
- 1 cup short grain brown rice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, dried fruits or diced fresh apples
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- In heavy medium saucepan, bring 2 cups milk and rice to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, until rice is tender and milk is almonst absorbed (about 50 minutes). Rice may be refrigerated, covered up to 2 days. In medium saucepan, combine cooked rice, 2 cups milk and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until thickened (8-10 minutes). Spoon into bowls. Serve with milk and toppings (below).
- Brown sugar
- Sliced bananas
- Soy nuts
Pudding may be refrigerated up to 2 days, covered. Microwave (HIGH) until hot (1-1 1/2 minutes).
Variation: When cooking rice, substitute 1 cup Chai Tea for 1 cup of the milk. Omit cinnamon.