Creamy Quinoa Porridge
A delicious alternative to oatmeal in the morning, with 5 grams of fiber and 6 grams of protein!
Preparation time: 25 minutes
- ½ cup Lunds & Byerlys Quinoa, rinsed (see directions below)
- 1 ½ cup chopped apple with skin (approximately 1 apple)
- ¼ cup Lunds & Byerlys Raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys Ground Cinnamon
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup Organic Valley Whole Milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground flaxseed
- Optional toppings: Raw chopped walnuts, bee pollen
- Rise quinoa under cold running water using a fine mesh strainer for about 30 seconds.
- Combine quinoa, chopped apple, raisins, vanilla and cinnamon with water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in whole milk and remove from heat.
- Spoon into bowls and top with flax seed (½ tablespoon per serving). Add raw chopped walnuts or bee pollen, if desired.
Calories: 230 Total Fat: 4.5g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 25mg Carbohydrate: 42g Fiber: 5g Sugars: 19g Protein: 6g
Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.