Creamy Orange Bars
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Zest from 1 orange
- ½ cup fresh orange juice (from about 2 navel oranges)
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Line 8x8 baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl with electric mixer, beat together butter and brown sugar until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Add in flour, oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; mix until crumb mixture forms.
- Press half of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, orange zest and orange juice.
- Pour orange mixture on top of crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 30-32 minutes, until golden on the edges and set in the middle. It will still seem kind of jiggly but it will set up as it cools.
- Cool completely. Remove bars from the pan with the foil and peel foil from edges. Cut into bars.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.