4 years ago
Cranberry Crumble Bars
With a crumbly oatmeal and brown sugar topping and a sweet-tart cranberry filling, these bars are the perfect finishing touch for your dessert table this holiday season!
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In 1½-quart saucepan, mix granulated sugar, orange juice and water. Heat to boiling. Stir in all remaining cranberry filling
ingredients. Cook over medium heat about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened; cool.
- Heat oven to 400 F. In medium bowl, mix brown sugar and butter. Stir in all remaining bar ingredients until crumbly. Press half of the crumbly mixture in ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches. Spread with filling. Top with remaining crumbly mixture; press lightly.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until light brown. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows while warm.
Recipe source: Betty Crocker