Cranberry Apple Jam
- 1 pound frozen cranberries
- 2 small apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 cup water
In a medium heavy bottom pot, combine all the ingredients and cook on medium-low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Throughout the cooking process, mash the ingredients together a few times with a wooden spoon or potato masher.
Remove from heat and allow to cool. Can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 4-6 weeks.