- 9-12 cups torn leafy greens
- 2 cups crab or imitation crabmeat
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 8 large pitted ripe olives
- Louis Dressing, below
Louis dressing makes this salad.
- Arrange lettuce in serving bowl, on large platter, or on individual plates. Combine crabmeat with celery and lemon juice, mound on lettuce. Garnish with tomato wedges, sliced eggs and ripe olives. Refrigerate up to 2 hours. Serve with Louis Dressing.
- Louis Dressing: Combine 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup chili sauce, 1/4 cup minced green onions, 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped. Spoon into serving bowl. Garnish with snipped parsley.
- Tips: One (6 ounce) package frozen crabmeat, thawed = 1 cup. One (8 ounce) package frozen imitation crabmeat, thawed = 1 1/2 cups.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.