Country Breakfast Casserole
- 2(16 ounce) packages frozen hot pork sausage, thawed
- 1(32 ounce) package package frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
- 4 cups shredded Colby and Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 6 Eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- salsa (optional), (optional)
- In medium skillet, brown sausage until no longer pink; drain.
- In large bowl, combine cooked sausage, hash browns, 3 cups cheese, eggs, milk, onion and salt. Pour mixture into greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated 350 F oven until knife inserted in center comes out clean (50-55 minutes). Cover; let stand 10 minutes. Cut into squares. Serve with salsa, if desired.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.