A note from Lunds & Byerlys regarding coronavirus
Effective Saturday, March 28:
Beginning Saturday, March 28, we are temporarily suspending the use of reusable bags in our stores as another way to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we get through this together.
Effective Saturday, March 28:
We have temporarily changed our hours of operation. All of our Wines & Spirits shops are now open Monday-Saturday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. These updated hours help ensure the well-being of our staff, replenishment of products and an even deeper cleaning. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Update: March 24, 2020
As we all adjust to temporary ways of doing things to collectively help reduce the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to provide you with an update on additional actions we’re taking here at Lunds & Byerlys to continue serving our community.
These unprecedented times have called for equally unprecedented measures so we can continue providing you with food and other essential products in the safest environment possible. As we follow guidance from local, state and federal authorities, I assure you every decision we make is done with one key focus in mind – the safety of our staff and customers.
Additional actions we’re taking:
– Cleaning every checkout area, including self-checkouts, after every transaction.
– Encouraging social distancing by placing signs and floor decals – spaced six feet apart – near our checkout lanes. You can expect to see these at all of our stores by Thursday. We are also spacing out our open checkout lanes to increase social distancing for our staff and customers.
– Requesting all of us be mindful of the number of people we bring to the store to shop. Please consider keeping it to just the person purchasing the groceries, if possible, to further assist with social distancing.
– Temporarily suspending our return policy given we can’t trace what those products have come into contact with after leaving our stores. Please know if there is a quality concern for any product you purchased, we will always offer a replacement or refund.
– Installing shields at the registers in some stores during the next few days with plans to install them at all stores in the coming days if they don’t interfere with our ability to serve you.
With regard to product supply, we are continuing to find even more ways to get high-demand products to all of our stores. This includes working with existing suppliers to ship product directly to our stores or facilities, when possible, to get it to you even sooner. We’re also partnering with suppliers who have primarily serviced the restaurant industry so we can help them while they’re helping us meet your needs.
While selling groceries is what we do, it’s about so much more than that for us. And I couldn’t be prouder of our company’s extended family of employees for their remarkable efforts in continuing to serve our community with an exceptional level of care and commitment. We’re recognizing their efforts with appreciation pay. This also extends to those temporarily away from work to care for themselves or members of their family.
We’re equally grateful to all of you for your patience and understanding during these challenging times. Please know we’re working around the clock to continue providing you with a sensational shopping experience even in this time of uncertainty throughout our state, our nation and our world. You can also take comfort in knowing we will continue to be here to serve you if “stay at home” guidance is issued by our Governor in the coming days or weeks as we are classified as an essential service provider.
I know that together – while staying at least six feet apart, of course – we can and will get through this.
President & CEO
Update: March 16, 2020
As the situation around coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we have taken some additional steps to best meet the needs of our staff and customers:-
– We have temporarily changed our hours of operation. All Lunds & Byerlys are open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. seven days a week until further notice to help ensure the well-being of our staff, replenishment of our products and an even deeper cleaning of our stores.
At this time, we are asking all customers to respect our request of having the opening hour of 7 to 8 a.m. each day reserved for those shoppers who are at a higher risk of severe illness by COVID-19, which includes older adults and those who have compromised immune systems. In doing so, our intent is to provide an opportunity for those individuals to be the first to shop after our overnight cleaning and stocking so they have increased access to essential products.
We continue to partner with our suppliers and find additional suppliers, when necessary, to keep our shelves stocked with products to the absolute best of our abilities.
We’ll be sure to keep you updated to any change in these hours.
– In order to better meet customer needs in our delis, we have temporarily closed our self-serve food bars. We will continue to offer a wide variety of grab-and-go offerings, including packaged hot foods, salads, sandwiches and Ready To Heat meals.
– Limiting purchases of high-demand products such as hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, bottled water, gloves and bath and facial tissue to two per customer to increase the likelihood of those products being available to even more of our customers.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
March 13, 2020
On behalf of our company’s extended family of employees, we want to assure you we are closely monitoring the ever-evolving situation regarding coronavirus (COVID-19).
While we’ve always had extremely high standards for the cleanliness of our stores, we’ve recently added a number of additional preventative measures. And, based on guidance from local and national health authorities, we’re prepared to take additional steps should the outbreak become more widespread in the communities we serve.
Given the current status of COVID-19 in Minnesota, we are:
– Temporarily stopping all in-store product sampling.
– Increasing our already frequent cleaning of surfaces throughout our stores, including food bars, checkout areas, restrooms, and handles on door cases, shopping carts and hand baskets.
– Partnering with our suppliers – and finding additional suppliers, when necessary – to keep high-demand products on our shelves.
– Limiting purchases of high-demand products such as hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, bottled water, gloves and bath and facial tissue to five per customer to increase the likelihood of those products being available to even more of our customers.
– Reinforcing to staff members they should stay home if they are not feeling well and reminding them of our sick leave options.
– Increasing our online shopping fulfillment capabilities to meet increased demand for curbside pickup at all of our stores.
We take a tremendous amount of pride in the role we play in providing you and your family with safe, high-quality foods. Please know there is nothing more important to us than ensuring the safety of our staff and customers, and we will continue to take any and all steps necessary to do just that.
As always, thank you for choosing to shop with us.
President & CEO