COVID-19 UPDATES AND ACTIONS WE’RE TAKING
As we all adjust to new ways of doing things as we work together to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, we want to keep you informed of actions we’re taking here at Lunds & Byerlys.
These unprecedented times have called for equally unprecedented measures so we can continue providing you with food and other essential products in the safest environment possible. As we follow guidance from local and national health authorities, I assure you every decision we make is done to ensure the safety of our staff and customers. And we will continue to take any and all steps necessary to do just that.
President and CEO
ACTIONS WE’RE TAKING TO PROTECT OUR STAFF AND CUSTOMERS
– Reduced store hours to help ensure the well-being of our staff, replenishment of products and an even deeper cleaning of our stores:
– All Lunds & Byerlys are open daily from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. The opening hour (7 to 8 a.m.) is reserved each day for those at a higher risk of illness (older adults and compromised immune systems)
– Our Wines & Spirits Shops are open Monday-Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
– Frequent cleaning throughout the store, including checkout areas after EVERY transaction
– Plexiglass barriers installed on our registers
– Requiring store staff to wear masks or cloth face coverings and encouraging our customers to do the same
– Limiting the number of customers in our stores when necessary
– Asking customers to limit the number of people shopping with them by keeping it to just the person purchasing the groceries, if possible
– Encouraging social distancing, including signage and floor decals
– Closing self-service food bars and café seating areas
– Suspending all food sampling
– Reinforcing to staff members the importance of staying home if they’re not feeling well
– Reusable bags: We have temporarily suspended the use of reusable bags in our stores to help further reduce the spread of COVID-19.
– Return policy: We have also temporarily suspended our return policy as we can’t trace what those products have come into contact with after leaving our stores. Please know if there is a quality concern for any product you purchased from us, we will always offer a replacement or refund.
ONLINE SHOPPING UPDATES
– We are continuing to increase our online shopping fulfillment capabilities to meet a significant increase in demand. As a result, we have made some additional changes to our online shopping procedures. You can learn about them here.
PROTOCOL IF EMPLOYEE TESTS POSITIVE
The personal health information of our employees is private. And while we don’t publicly share that information, the safety of our staff and customers is top of mind in every decision we make.
We have a detailed list of protocols that will immediately go into place if any member of our staff tests positive for COVID-19.
Under the guidance of local and national health authorities, every situation is thoroughly investigated. This includes ensuring the staff member has the support they need for their health and well-being. We will also identify that individual’s known points of contact in the store and notify the entire store staff of the situation. If appropriate, we will also conduct an additional layer of deep cleaning that is above and beyond our already frequent and stringent cleaning protocols.
As we have always done, we will immediately notify our customers if it is ever determined there is a risk to the general public.