Coconut Curry Pumpkin Pot Pie
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon Curry Powder
- ½ teaspoons turmeric
- ¼ teaspoons coriander
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- In large skillet, melt butter. Add shallots, potatoes, carrots and celery.
- Cook about 10 minutes, until vegetables are beginning to soften.
- Add garlic, peas and chickpeas and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add curry powder, turmeric, coriander and tomato paste. Mix to combine.
- Add coconut milk and pumpkin puree and mix to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and let cook 10 minutes, until sauce is thickened.
- Place one sheet of puff pastry in pie dish, cutting off any edges that go over the edge
- Pour chickpea mixture into pie dish.
- Cover with additional puff pastry. I cut the puff pastry into ~½” strips and made a lattice design, but you can also just cover it with the sheet and pinch closed
- Bake for 45 minutes, until puff pastry is golden and mixture is bubbling.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Recipe by: greens & chocolate | http://www.greensnchocolate.com/
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.