Coconut Crepes with Mangoes and Bananas
- 1 cup rice flour
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons flaked and sweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (25ounce) box crystallized ginger slices, thinly sliced, divided
- 2 mangoes, diced
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flaked and sweetened coconut, toasted
A tender, delicate crepe with a delicious blend of coconut, ginger, mangoes and bananas.
- In blender container, combine first 5 ingredients. Process until smooth (45 seconds). Mix in coconut. Heat vegetable oil in 9-inch skillet. Ladle in 1/4 cup batter, swirling pan to cover surface thingly and evenly. Cook until crepe is golden brown. Turn crepe and cook quickly to brown lightly. Run spatula around edge to prevent over cooking. Cool on rack. Stack each crepe between pieces of waxed paper to prevent sticking. In large saute pan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, cook sugar mixture 3 mintues. Stir in diced mangoes, cook until heated through (about 2 mintues); add sliced bananas and continue to cook (2 mintues).
- To Serve: On individual dessert plate, place 1 crepe, spoon 1/4 cup mango and banana mixture in center of crepe, fold and top with 1/4 cup mango and banana mixter. Sprinkle with toasted coconut and reserved sliced ginger.
- Variation: Substitute coconut or mango ice cream or mango sorbet for the mango and banana mixture in the center of crepe.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.