Coconut Almond Maca Cookies
These no-bake cookies are boosted with maca powder. Maca is a root from the radish family with a nutty aromatic flavor. Dried and powdered maca has been known to offer a boost in energy and stamina.
Makes 30 cookies
Preparation time: 30 minutes
1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
1 ½ cups Let’s Do Organic Fine Shred Organic Coconut
⅔ cup Bob’s Red Mill Coconut Flour
2 tablespoons Navita’s Maca Powder
½ cup Lunds & Byerlys Pure Maple Syrup
2 teaspoons orange zest
⅓ cup fresh orange juice
⅓ cup Nutiva Coconut Oil, melted on low heat
¼ cup chocolate chips
1 tablespoons Nutiva Coconut Oil
- In a bowl, combine almond flour, coconut, coconut flour and maca powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, orange peel and orange juice.
- Mix maple syrup mixture with flour mixture and rub together to combine. Add liquid coconut oil and mix quickly to form a ball.
- Divide into 1 tablespoon chunks and roll each one into a ball. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Chill.
- On top of double boiler, melt chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon coconut oil until smooth. Drizzle on cookies. Sprinkle a dusting of maca powder over chocolate drizzle. Store in refrigerator in air-tight container for up to 10 days.