Cleansing Breakfast Soup
Start your day feeling great with this comforting, nutrient-rich soup.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
4 cups water
⅓ cup shiitake mushrooms, dried
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
2 teaspoons minced garlic
¼ teaspoon L&B Sea Salt
½ cup cabbage or bok choy, sliced thin
¼ cup celery, thin bias cut
½ cup carrots, julienned
½ cup firm organic tofu, diced
1 heaping cup Earthbound Farm Organic “Zen” Greens
1 cup snow peas, thin bias cut
3 tablespoons organic white miso
¼ cup green onions, thin bias cut
- In a small saucepan add water, dried shiitakes, ginger, garlic and sea salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. This will help concentrate the broth.
- Strain broth through a fine mesh strainer, discarding mushrooms, ginger and garlic bits, so you are left with a clear broth.
- Place broth back in saucepan; add cabbage, celery and carrots, then simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Add diced tofu, greens and snow peas into the saucepan and heat for 1-2 minutes, or until greens are wilted.
- Remove from heat. Dissolve miso in 2-3 tablespoons of your prepared broth then stir into soup. Divide into bowls and garnish with green onions.