Classic Tom and Jerry Batter
- 5 pasteurized eggs, seperated
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff. Gradually beat in 3 cups sugar, set aside. Beat egg yolks till thick, beat in remaining 3 cups sugar and spices. Gently fold egg whites into egg yolk mixture and refrigerate.
- - In a cup or mug, two heaping tablespoons of Tom and Jerry mix. -1 ounce brandy -1 ounce dark rum (or substitute liquors to your preference) Fill the cup with boiling water (or milk if you prefer) and stir. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with ground nutmeg.
- -In a cup or mug, two heaping tablespoons of Tom and Jerry Mix -1 ounce Godiva Liqueur (or Creme de Cocoa, Chocolate Schnapps) -1 ounce Kahlua Fill the cup with brewed coffee to just short of the top and stir. Top off the cup with frothed milk or whipped cream if you prefer. Dust the top with any or all: cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and chocolate shavings.
For the beverage:
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.