Classic Swiss Cheese Fondue
- 1/2 pound Swiss Emmentaler, grated
- 1/3 pound Swiss Gruyere, grated
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/3 cups dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- pepper to taste
- nutmeg to taste
- 2 loaves Italian or French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes with crust on one side
- Combine Emmentaler and Gruyere; sprinkle with flour (this can be done is a plastic bag). Rub inside of fondue pot with cut garlic clove. Pour wine into pot and heat over medium heat until warm, not boiling. Add lemon juice. Add cheese by handfuls, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until melted and cheese-wine mixture has the consistency of a creamy sauce. Add pepper and nutmeg to taste. Let boil once. Remove pot and put on lighted burner on table.
- Adjust flame of burner so fondue continues bubbling lightly. Serve each guest a handful of bread cubes. Spear fondue fork through bread cubes. Dunk and stir well to bottom of pot. Enjoy!
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.