Cinnamon French Toast with Pecan Maple Syrup
- 6 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 12 slices Lunds and Byerlys Circle Cinnamon Bread
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- pinch salt
- Powdered Sugar, for garnish
- Cinnamon French Toast: Pour butter into jelly roll pan with 1-inch high sides. Arrange 12 cinnamon bread slices in pan. Turn each piece of bread over to coat with butter. In large bowl beat eggs, half and half, maple syrup and salt. Pour mixture over bread. Turn each piece of bread over to coat with egg mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven to 400 F. Bake bread 12 to 15 minutes. Turn each piece of bread over and continue baking for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. While bread is baking, prepare
- Pecan Maple Syrup: 2 cups real maple syrup 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted Combine syrup and pecans in heavy saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Keep warm until ready to serve. Transfer baked toast to serving plates and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Pass warm maple pecan syrup.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.