Chorizo Sweet Potato & Apple Stuffing
- 16 ounces chorizo, removed from casings
- 10 cups French bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into bite-sized chunks
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs
- Spray 9x13” baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 F.
In large skillet, cook chorizo, breaking it into small chunks as it cooks. Drain on paper towel.
- In same skillet, melt butter.
Add onion and sweet potatoes and season with salt.
Cook 5-7 minutes, until onion and sweet potatoes begin to soften, stirring occasionally.
Add apple and cook another 5 minutes. Add sage and thyme, stirring to combine.
In a large bowl, mix chorizo, vegetables and bread until combined.
In small bowl, whisk together broth and eggs.
Pour over bread mixture and stir well to combine.
- Place in prepared baking dish.
- Bake in oven for 50-60 minutes, until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
- Recipe by: greens & chocolate | http://www.greensnchocolate.com/
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.