Chorizo Sweet Potato & Apple Stuffing
- 16 ounces chorizo, removed from casings
- 10 cups French bread, 2
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and diced into bite-sized chunks
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Eggs
- Spray 9x13” baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- In large skillet, cook chorizo, breaking it apart as it cooks into small chunks. Once cooked through, set aside.
- In same skillet, melt butter.
- Add onion and sweet potatoes and season with salt.
- Cook 5-7 minutes, until onion and sweet potatoes begin to soften.
- Add apple and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add sage and thyme, stirring to combine.
- In a large bowl, add the chorizo and vegetables from the skillet, then combine with cubed bread, stirring well to combine.
- In small bowl, whisk together broth and eggs.
- Pour over bread mixture and stir well to combine.
- Place in prepared baking dish.
- Bake in oven for 50-60 minutes, until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
- Recipe by: greens & chocolate | http://www.greensnchocolate.com/
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.