Chocolate Satin Pie
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate, 1 ounce
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 pasteurized eggs
- 1 baked pie shell, cooled, 9-inch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- chocolate curls or chopped nuts
3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate 1 cup sugar 3/4 cup butter, softened 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract 3 pasteurized eggs 1 (9-inch) baked pie shell, cooled 1 cup heavy whipping cream 1 tablespoon sugar chocolate curls or chopped nuts
- Melt and cool chocolate. In mixer bowl, combine 1 cup sugar and butter. Add chocolate and vanilla until well mixed.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating 1 minute after each addition. Beat mixture an additional 2 minutes; spoon mixture into pie shell. In chilled small bowl, whip cream and 1 tablespoon sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread over chocolate mixture. Refrigerate at least 4 hours. Garnish with chocolate curls or nuts before serving.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.