7 years ago
Chocolate Peppermint Crinkles
A fun peppermint twist on traditional Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. Perfect for the holidays!
- 1 ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 ¾ cup sugar, divided
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate in microwave on 50% powder for 1 minute. Stir, and microwave for 15 more seconds and stir. If still not melted, microwave 15 more seconds, watching carefully! Stir until it has all melted.
- In a mixer with the paddle attachment, beat together 2 ½ cups sugar, oil, butter, and corn syrup until well combined. Beat in the eggs, egg yolk, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract. Then on low, beat in the
- Add flour mixture and beat to combine on low speed. Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- After letting the dough chill, heat your oven to 325 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine remaining ¼ cup granulated sugar into one bowl and the confectioners’ sugar in another bowl.
- Take out about one-quarter of the dough at a time to shape. Roll the dough into 2-inch balls and roll each cookie dough ball lightly in granulated sugar first, then heavily into the confectioners’ sugar. (the granulated sugar keeps the confectioners’ sugar from soaking in so much)
- Arrange cookies 2 inches apart on the parchment paper. For crisp cookies, bake 12 to 14 minutes, for a chewier cookie bake 10 to 12 minutes.
Amount: About 40 cookies
Recipe adapted from greens & chocolate.