Chipotle Turkey Corn Chili
Nothing warms you up on a cold night like a hot bowl of chili! This family-pleasing recipe comes together in just 30 minutes.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 cup chopped onion
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 (16- or 20-ounce) package ground turkey
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1-2 teaspoons ground chipotle chili pepper
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups frozen corn
1 (28-ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- Heat a 5-quart Dutch oven or stockpot over high heat, 2 minutes.
- Add oil; swirl to coat pan.
- Add onion and salt; cook until softened (4-5 minutes).
- Stir in ground turkey and garlic; cook until no longer pink (5-6 minutes), breaking up with a spoon.
- Stir in chipotle and cumin; cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add broth, corn and tomatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer 10 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips.
Tip: You can replace the ground turkey with leftover shredded turkey.