5 years ago
Chipotle Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Zesty Slaw
Barbecue pork sandwiches with a kick! A satisfying meal your whole family will love.
Preparation time: 5 hours
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (2-pound) boneless pork shoulder roast
- 3 tablespoons Lunds & Byerlys Signature Pork Seasoning
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup beer
- 1 ¼ cups Lunds & Byerlys Chipotle Chile Barbecue Sauce
- 1 (10-ounce) package coleslaw mix
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys Chipotle Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Lunds & ByerlysmGarlic Salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 Lunds & Byerlys Big Buns, toasted
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over roast; sprinkle with pork seasoning and rub into meat surface.
- Place roast in roasting pan; add sliced onions and beer.
- Roast until pork is falling apart when pulled with a fork (4-5 hours). Allow to stand 10 minutes.
- While pork is baking, combine coleslaw mix and red onion.
- Using 2 forks, shred the pork by steadying the roast with 1 fork and pulling the pork away with the other.
- In large skillet heat barbecue sauce; stir in shredded pork and heat through.
- In small bowl whisk together chipotle seasoning, lime juice, mayonnaise, garlic salt and pepper. Drizzle mixture over coleslaw; toss to coat.
- To assemble sandwiches: Spoon pork on bun bottoms, top with 2 tablespoons coleslaw; top with bun tops and serve. (There will be extra coleslaw to serve on the side or to use at a later time.)