Chipotle Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Spicy Slaw
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons Lunds and Byerlys Signature Pork seasoning
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast, 2 pound
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup beer
- 1 1/4 cups Lunds and Byerlys Chipotle Chile Barbecue Sauce
- 1 (10ounce) package Fresh Express® Angel Hair Cole Slaw Mix
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon Lunds and Byerlys Chipotle seasoning
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Lunds and Byerlys Garlic Salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 Lunds and Byerlys Big Buns, toasted
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over roast; sprinkle with pork seasoning and rub into meat surface. Place roast in roasting pan; add sliced onions and beer. Roast until pork is falling apart when pulled with a fork (4-5 hours). Allow to stand 10 minutes. Using 2 forks, shred the pork by steadying the roast with 1 fork and pulling the pork away with the other. In large skillet heat barbecue sauce; stir in shredded pork and heat through.
- While pork is baking, combine cole slaw mix and red onion. In small bowl whisk together chipotle seasoning, lime juice, mayonnaise, garlic salt and pepper. Drizzle mixture over cole slaw; toss to coat.
- To assemble sandwiches: Spoon pork on bun bottoms, top with 2 tablespoons cole slaw; top with bun tops and serve. (There will be extra cole slaw to serve on the side or to use at a later time).
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.