Chickpea Avocado Salad Sandwich
A wonderful quick and easy vegetarian lunch option that’s so satisfying – and good for you, too!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 large ripe avocado
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lunds & Byerlys Artisan Minnesota Nice Multigrain Bread
- Fresh spinach leaves or other sandwich
toppings (lettuce, tomato slices, sprouts, etc.)
1. Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Place on a paper towel and remove the outer skins if desired.
2. In a medium bowl, using a fork or potato masher, smash the chickpeas and avocado together.
3. Add cilantro, green onion and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spread salad on bread and top with your favorite sandwich toppings.
Recipe adapted from: Big Flavors Tiny Kitchen