Chicken Wild Rice Hot Dish
- 1 pound Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 fennel bulb, fronds removed, cored, sliced
- 3 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (1075 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1075 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice mixture
- 3 ounces sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In large skillet over medium-high heat saute sausage, chicken, onion, garlic, fennel, mushrooms and salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is browned and sausage is no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Drain excess fat. In mixing bowl whisk together the soups until smooth. Gradually whisk in the chicken broth, whisking until no lumps remain. Pour soup mixture into skillet and stir in contents of wild rice package. Spoon into 9x13-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and return to oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until almonds are golden.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.