Chicken Wild Rice Bake
- 1 cup wild rice
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded, sliced
- 1 1/2 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (10ounce) packages Byerly's Wild Mushroom Soup, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted, divided
- 1/2 cup Japanese-style panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley
- Using a strainer, rinse wild rice under running water. In a saucepan, bring wild rice, chicken broth and poultry seasoning to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 45-55 minutes. Drain any excess liquid.
- In large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium high heat. Sauté shallots and red bell pepper 4-5 minutes. Using slotted spoon transfer to a bowl.
- Slice chicken breasts crosswise into ½ inch thick strips. Add to hot skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink in center (8-10 minutes).
- Return shallot mixture to skillet; stir in soup, crushed red pepper and wild rice. Bring to a boil; stir in ½ cup almonds. Spray a 9X12 inch baking dish with no stick cooking spray; add chicken rice mixture.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter, stir in panko, Parmesan, parsley and remaining ¼ cup almonds. Sprinkle mixture over chicken-wild rice mixture.
- Bake in 350 F oven until bubbly and topping is golden brown (25-30 minutes).
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.