Chicken Soba Noodle Bowl
Nourish your body with this delicious, fragrant noodle bowl, made with shredded rotisserie chicken from our deli and loaded with superfoods.
- 32 ounce carton low sodium organic chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, dried
- 2 tablespoons ginger, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 8 ounces organic soba noodles
- 2 cups Earthbound Farm Organic “Zen” Greens
- 1 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup radishes, julienned
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- ¼ cup scallions, chopped
- ½ cup kimchee
- To make the broth, add chicken broth, water, mushrooms, ginger, garlic and onion to a small pot. Bring to a boil, then turn down heat and simmer for 10 minutes uncovered.
- Strain broth through a fine mesh strainer, discarding mushrooms, ginger, onion and garlic bits so that you have a clear liquid broth.
- Put broth back in pot; add rice vinegar and shredded chicken. Reheat to boiling just before serving.
- While broth is simmering, cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- To assemble the bowls, divide soba noodles, shiitake mushrooms and greens and layer in 4 large soup bowls. Top each bowl with piping hot broth and chicken pieces. Garnish with radishes, red pepper, scallions and kimchee. Top with other desired seasonings and serve.
Calories: 170 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1.5g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 30mg Sodium: 450mg Carbohydrate: 19g Fiber: 2g Sugars: 1g Protein: 11g
Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.