Chicken 'N Penne Salad - Grilled
- 3 pounds frozen boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets, thawed
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry penne rigata pasta
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 4 cups small whole red seedless grapes
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 1/4 teaspoons dried thyme, crumbled and divided
- 2 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- leaf lettuce
The thyme-infused dressing makes this salad.
- Pierce chicken on both sides with fork; brush both sides with salad dressing. Spray grill rack with no stick cooking spray. Using direct heat cooking method, arrange chicken breasts 4-5 inches over medium coals. Grill, covered, 5 minutes. Turn chicken; brush with salad dressing. Continue grilling until juices run clear (3-5 minutes). Cool; cut into thin strips (1x1/2x1/4-inch). Cook pasta in boiling salted water (4 quarts water, 2 teaspoons salt) until just tender (12-14 minutes); drain. Rinse with cold water, drain. In large bowl, combine chicken, pasta, celery, green onion and grapes. In small bowl, combine oil and 1 1/4 teaspoon thyme; toss into chicken mixture. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, milk, honey, 1 tablespoon thyme, mustard and salt. Refrigerate salad and dressing separately, covered, overnight. Several hours before serving, fold dressing into salad. Refrigerate, covered.
- Toss walnuts into salad. Spoon into lettuce line bowl or platter.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.